Saturday, June 27, 2009

Deliberate.

Safety is a nice comfy bean bag in the sunny window where, despite the frost, you're warm and happy. Safety feels like that.
I'm safe.

I have to hand it to my mother - she really is the hypocrite of the century. I can remember countless times when she's come through the door and I've asked straight away "what's for dinner?" which results in a snappish "I've just come through the door!". But when I've just come through the door it's "you're just in time to dry the dishes!" which I did because I always do, and I didn't complain.

Then, when I was finished, I did some sewing - I took in a dress I've been putting off fixing for weeks, and a skirt that's followed me from Mother's house to Father's house to Mother's house without ever being stitched up. The sad truth is I probably will never wear the dress, it's so ugly. The fabric is just nice.

Oh, and one of my pictures is on randomgotbeautiful which made me smile - old news, but I thought it deserved a mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment