Saturday, June 6, 2009

Crazy towns.

I can't, for the life of me, remember who said this (it may have been SamSam but I really don't know) but somebody mentioned to me how the people in shows like Home and Away live really crazy lives - no one person has that much going on in their life, let alone a community with death and tragedy and scandal every day. Oh, and it takes more than four episodes to get over somebodies death.

Shows like that seem to be like some persons intricate doll game, they set themselves up a town with people and personalities and if it starts to get dull just kill off that person, make that one gay, give that one a drug problem...

Don't get me wrong, I'm as brain-dead as the next person as I sit down and lap up the ridiculous story presented to me near daily. But it deserves a little thought when you're getting four hundred and twenty minutes of watching a society where one wall gets built back up and another falls straight down per week.

Oh my long johns I am thinking about television. God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment